11200 Winner Road
Independence, MO 64052
1717 N. Main Street
Higginsville, MO 64037
Phone: (816) 228-4770
Fax: (816) 228-1156
through the patient portal. Schedule apptointments,
online billpay, talk to a nurse, and much more.
We want your feedback.
Click here to let us know about your recent experience in our office.
Are you expecting?
Find out how to schedule a prenatal visit.
On line bill pay now available.
Click here to pay your bill.
Your Medical Home
Cockerell McIntosh Pediatrics has been recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA). For years, our practice has understood the value of patient-centerd care, and we are proud to let you know that our practice is one of the few pediatric practices in Missouri and Kansas to be recognized as a level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home. This healthcare model focuses on a strong patient-physician relationship, which involves you and your child as important members of the healthcare team. In addition, primary care providers offer higher quality healthcare, while reducing healthcare costs by helping you avoid the emergency room. Our goal is to help your child stay healthy and to prevent illnesses from arising in the first place. We can accomplish this by:
- providing same-day access to care when your child is sick;
- helping you manage your child's illnesses when not in the office;
- offering extended hours (including evenings and weekends) and a wide array of services; and
- allowing you to choose a primary care provider who will work with you and lead a qualified healthcare team to meet your child's medical needs;
In order to have a successful patient-centered medical home, we pledge to:
- provide care given by a doctor-led team that makes you feel welcome and comfortable;
- provide the best possible treatment and advice based on current medical evidence;
- tell you about your health and illness in a way that you can understand;
- end every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatment goals, and future plans;
- help you manage your child's health when not in the office;
- coordinate care across multiple providers and settings;
- give you timely access to care, offering same-day access to care when your child is sick;
- provide appointments for both sick and well care outside regularly scheduled businesses hours, including evenings and weekends;
- provide access to a nurse (by phone and online) for medical advice and questions during and outside regular business hours;
- have a doctor on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; and
- use computers and other technology to quickly access all of your records and requests.
To make your medical home a success, we need your commitment to use the medical home for all of your child's healthcare needs. Therefore, we ask you to:
- call your doctor first with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency (Remember, we offer urgent care services every evening during the week and on the weekends);
- tell the doctor about any changes in your child's health and well-being, including problems, medications, medical history, or visits to other healthcare facilities;
- make healthy decisions about your child's daily habits and lifestyles;
- prepare for and keep scheduled visits;
- give us feedback so that we can improve our services;
- ask other doctors involved in your child's care to send us a report about your child's health; and
- consider us the medical home for your child.
Click on the link below to learn more about the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
News and Updates.